Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Book of Proverbs Chapters 3-4

For one of my Bible classes we have to read the book of Proverbs. I thoroughly enjoy reading this book because it is full of wonderful truths. As I was reading through this book I underlined particular verses that I considered things I needed to work on, or they would be some sort of encouragement sometime down the road.

3:31-32-Do not envy a violent man or choose any of his ways for the LORD detests a perverse man but takes the upright into his confidence.

God doesn't want me to be like a violent person. Someone who is full of anger or violence is not well in God's eyes. If I can live uprightly God will hold me close to Himself and I can rely on Him and KNOW that he will rely on me to get His work done.

3:33b- He blesses the home of the righteous

God is giving blessing to those who want to serve Him and do right. That is something that I am striving for.

3:35-The wise inherit honor, but fools he holds up to shame.

How great is it to ask God for wisdom and inherit the honor that goes with that. I know that I am a fool and right now I use wisdom against me and I know for a fact how much it shames God. I am completely held up to God but in such a bad way. I would rather be put down in a hole, instead of being looked upon by my Holy and Graceful God.

4:11-I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.

Give God the time and He will put you in the right direction. We can't do everything on our own. In fact, without God, we can't do anything!! Only God and the people He chooses will have wisdom.

4:23-Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

That means to guard it in every aspect of your life. From people who are going to hurt you emotionally, even those people whom you are dating. Don't let people pretend to love you, pretend to treat you well. The devil works in people's lives and not everything/everyone we are around is a good influence on our life. Be careful and let God put these people in your lives. Give you whole heart to God and he will protect it for you.


Well this is quite a bit of proverbs to think about for now. So throughout the day or weeks to come I'll add new portions to this!

No comments: